Scope of Work
Open Call: Designers/Makers for Catalyzing City Resilience Solutions
Wulandari Anindya Kana
Mon, 23 Jan 2023
Join us in creating a more resilient community with the Catalyzing City Resilience Solutions (CCRS) residency workshop program!
Together, we will be experimenting with green mussel waste to create alternative materials and new products in Kalibaru, North Jakarta.
Kalibaru is one of the most densely populated and poorest sub-districts on the north coast of Jakarta, with green mussel as one of the main and oldest industries, leaving around 2.000 meters cubic of shell waste annually. Besides these problems, this waste also means potential resources for the community to be solutions in terms of social, economic, and environmental.
Read our reports:
Catalyzing Cities Resilience Solutions (CCRS) is an experimental program initiated collaboratively by Kota Kita, Playo, Regional Development Planning Agency (Bappeda) of DKI Jakarta, Jakarta SDGs Secretariat, Resilient Cities Network, and PPSW Jakarta to generate advanced working models on how designers and community can collaborate and co-create alternative materials and products from local resources to foster community knowledge, economy, and environment.
What you will get:
- Experimentation of local resources into new materials and products.
- Residency with the local community for a co-creation workshop.
- Business Matching with the local partners to expand the market.
You are fit for this program if you are:
- Domicile in Greater Jakarta/West Java
- Experience in research and development with material and/or product
- Familiar with the co-creation process
- Owning material/product-based business
- Committed to joining a 4-day residency