Kota Kita’s 2023 Snapshots
Wulandari Anindya Kana
Tue, 06 Feb 2024
Greetings, friends and supporters of Kota Kita!
As we left January and step into the month of February, we take a look back on the milestones that Kota Kita has achieved in 2023, made possible by your support in our mission to promote a city for all:
✍🌃 We co-designed and implemented 3 public space interventions in the city of Solo
- Collaboratively designed a park within a public housing community using Minecraft
- Facilitated a child-led, multi-stakeholder collaboration to co-design a street intervention outside of a school to improve street safety for kids
- Teamed up with a local disability youth group and an art collective to create three public murals
🤝 We engaged and supported urban local civil society actors
- Provided support to three local CSOs in Solo, Surabaya, and Makassar through the Urban Citizenship Fund (UCF) scheme
- Advocated for open and inclusive spaces within urban discourse at the 10th Urban Social Forum, with participation from over 900 attendees
🔍🍎 We delved into the nooks and crannies of the urban foodscape
- Published 6 reports on the urban climate food-print in Indonesian cities
- Shared our findings across various outlets and platforms, including a partnership with Project Multatuli and speaking engagements at the Adaptation Futures 2023 conference
📣 We advanced conversations on the importance of building inclusive cities through national and international platforms
- Participated in the U20 Mayoral Summit 2023 to share our participatory data collection approach for disability-inclusive cities
- Collaborated with Kontinentalist on an interactive article on safe spaces for women in South Asian and Southeast Asian cities
In 2024, Kota Kita is determined to continue supporting and enhancing the capacity of urban local civil society actors through pedagogical, documentation, and various support initiatives aimed at further amplifying the efforts of civil society to strengthen local democracy and create better cities for all.
Stay connected with our newsletter and social media channels to learn more about Kota Kita’s visions and goals for the year ahead!